Calling All Filmmakers!
The Ambler Theater is proud to support independent filmmakers in their quest to achieve recognition for their valuable contribution to our culture. We have a variety of programs in which we showcase local films. Whether it is finding a place to premier your feature film, test your new trailer on an audience of peers, or rent our facility for a private screening, the Ambler Theater is proud to work with local filmmakers.
• Feature-Length Films
Each Spring and Fall we program a Cinematheque Series
which examines a broad theme or genre. As part of this series, we showcase feature films, both narrative and documentary, by local filmmakers. Films in the Cinematheque Series will be advertised in our Previews flier and online media. Filmmakers will receive a $400 appearance stipend for the screening.
Films in the Cinematheque Series are booked in advance to allow for marketing and promotion.
- >2012 Spring Cinematheque Series (February-April) submissions must be received by December 31st, 2011.
- Films must be at least 60 minutes in length.
- Films must have a local connection (Filmmaker/Cast/Crew from the area or focus on or shot in Greater Philadelphia region).
- Filmmaker/Cast/Crew availablilty for Q&A discussion after the screening.
To submit a film for consideration, please mail a screener to:
C/O Chris Collier
91 E. Court Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
• Short Films
Our Bring Your Own Movie
(BYOM) nights provide local filmmakers the opprotunity to screen short films, trailers, or segments of feature films in front of an audience of their peers. Whether it is the opportunity to see your film on the big screen, or test a trailer on a new audience, or to get the buzz going with a sneak-peak of an upcoming feature.
- Films must be no more than 30 minutes in length.
- Submissions will be programmed on a First Come-First Served basis until a program of roughly 90 minutes has been filled.
• Rental Opportunities
We also offer the option to rent the theater for private screenings. Rental prices are based on availabilty, season, time of day, and day of the week. Because of this, each request is evaulated on a case-by-case basis. To request information about a possible rental, please fill out the following form:
For more information, please contact Christopher Collier, Director of Special Programs at either email@example.com or 215-348-1878 x 114.